Sunday, June 26, 2016

Locals 

I have just finished the last week of the study abroad program in Milan, Italy. During the time in Milan, Italy I was able to experience how the local people are in Milan. In Milan, Italy there are some very nice people as well as some not so nice people.

The IULM staff were really nice people especially Illaria. Illaria was always with us willing to help us whenever we needed help. For example, if we asked Illaria how to get to a certain location or where we could find certain things she would quickly find a way to get us to the right place.

The workers at Mama Cakes, the restaurant where we had breakfast every morning, were also very nice people. They would always receive us with a smile and happy to serve us.  

The first two weeks I felt really safe in the neighborhood where we were staying, but the last week of the study abroad program I didn’t feel too safe. I didn’t feel too safe the last week because a girl and a guy tried robbing me on my way from IULM to Zumbini. They just pulled my phone out of my pocket and when I told them to give me my phone back they just kept on telling me that they didn’t have it. It wasn’t until a girl that was with me started yelling that they gave me my phone back. While this was happing two other local people passed by and just acted as they didn’t see what was happing. It’s scary being in this kind of situations, but I’m just glad no one got hurt.


Even though I had a few bad events with some local people in Milan, Italy I’m glad I came and got to experience this great opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment